4.12.2013

i'm gonna go with overrated for $300, alex.

i've never been one to sleep like a normal person. early to bed and early to rise and all that jazz has never been my thing. it's crazy really. i can stay up until 3:30am without a blink of an eye - but ask me to actually wake up at 3:30am and it's like you're standing in front of me with two heads speaking greek. never. gonna. happen. ever. i wish i had some sort of explanation as to why i'm wired this way. it would be so awesome to be one of those morning people that get up and work out and run first thing. but i wake up most days wanting to punch morning in the throat and needing noon to roll around to feel fully awake. that's why God made coffee. duh.

it's been a significant amount of time since i last stayed up listening to my favorites (see: freddie, scott and seth, bon iver, gnr, salt n peppa; at what point does one get cut off from using the word 'favorite'? because this list is lengthy), working on projects, solving the worlds problems and such. and yet here i am again. when all is chaos and nothing is as i believe it should be, there is always the middle of the night..... and jim croce. he's here too. i only wish my words could convince myself, that it just wasn't real... pure poetry, jim. so, here's to me and jim and solving the worlds problems and finishing a birthday shirt for a girl named joseph - during one of my most favorite times of the day. the part where one is ending and another beginning. because sleep is for babies and old people. and that will never change.





No comments: