6.23.2013

dresses before best-es.


in my senior year of high school, i almost lost a friendship over a dress.
true story.
it wasn't just any dress, mind you. it was the most amazing dress i'd ever owned in all of my 18 years.
see, it was a common occurrence for any and everyone to stop by at any given time of the day to visit or eat or borrow clothes and such. so my senior year, i searched for the perfect dress for graduation. like weeks and weeks and maybe a year and days in between. but i found the p-e-r-f-e-c-t one. absolutely PERFECT i tell you. and black of course. it hung in the very back of my closet, tags still intact, garment bag protecting it from all my other piddly everyday clothes. {insert a prior bad experience with my prom dress and our cat's claws like four days before prom, mind you - which is why i took many steps to insure the dress's safety. the cat lived. but it was still tragic.i digress.} i can't remember if i was at work one afternoon or just out running errands and such, but i remember vividly coming home to find out my dress was stolen. maybe stolen is a harsh term, but i'm pretty sure the thought of calling the law crossed my mind. my sister explained to me one of my dearest - and i mean dearest - friends came over and borrowed some clothes out of my closet. i didn't even bother calling her, i immediately took off for her house. lo and behold, she had needed something to wear to a church event and had stolen borrowed my dress. because, hello - it was perfect. duh. luckily, she didn't lose a hand when i snatched it back from her and explained it was for our graduation and that she was more than welcome to borrow it - after i'd already worn it for all the world to see, of course. because graduation is pretty much the same thing as a red carpet in a small town. i also went so far as to bring another dress out of my closet for her to wear, just to soften the blow a little. because i'm a good sharer like that. and she thought dress numero dos was just as good as the first and we all lived happily ever after.


and that is the first time i can remember styling someone besides myself. and it was kind of awesome.

my sister and my kwim are no strangers to selfies and daily pictys of my outfits.

and with a little encouragement from said sister and one reference that i remind her of a certain style blogger that i happen to adore - here it goes....


dress: theory | shoes: mossimo | bracelets: tjmaxx, francesca's, gifted
{instagram: amathi}


on tu:: dress: kiddo by katie (via tjmaxx) | shoes: payless | accessories: gifted

welcome to this something new.

xoxo,
a.

No comments: